Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DC#301 "Paradox meets DIVA Dance", Zentangle calendar, and some other

On their latest Newsletter Rick and Maria introduced a new series of "Kitchen table videos" (Isn't it a great name, sounds so homely...)

In the first video Rick wove Diva Dance into Paradox - I was so impressed that I tried it still the same day! Rick's original was so perfect that it was hard to meet the own expectations :-)

When I saw that the DIVA Challenge this week has exactly the same topic (and refers to the video) I decided to give it another try.
I used a Zendala tile and tried to wave DivaDance as a spiral into Paradox. It worked!! Some things went different as I intended, but honestly: I love the result!


By the way, this was my first try when I saw Ricks video:



I continued to work on my Zentangle calendar.

The last three days I drew "8's" by Jane Eileen Malone  , "WELL (Original Zentangle) and a new tangle by Ria Mattheussen "L'Eaura". She describes on her blog, how she created this wonderful tangle. Isn't it lovely?


Last but not least I created a tile playing a bit with "WELL" and after some weeks without using colour I couls not resist to use a bright red.
It makes good mood and I need it as I have a huge cold and do not feel very WELL  ;-)


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful tiles and so intricate. The spiral effect is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with this wonderful new website, beautiful and interesting to see and to read.
    I love your two DIva tiles but my favorite is the very special and creativ one in the round.
    Thank you also for using one of my tangles. You did that in a great way.I love the layer effect that you have created, it looks gorgeous!
    Using just black/white is a combination with another color looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing and inspiring read. I love the new look of your blog and that zendala is stunning. I love the first Diva piece too. I couldn't get Rick's version out of my head, so mine has some similarities, but I'm very inspired to try this again.
    I love your calendar. It's such a great prompt for inspiration to either try new patterns or experiment with a new take on an old fave. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, especially your Paradox vs. Diva Dance zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very creative! Every one is fabulous! I truly LOVE your DuoTangle Zendala! Very unique and stunning! I love seeing your calendar art work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw, allof theme are great. Your divadance/ paradox zendala is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely work. I wouldn't know where to start so I'll just say a slightly stunned Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are very nicely done, but I am absolutely wowed by the spiral of Diva Dance. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wunderschön, eine wiedie andere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das Runde ist absolut perfekt! Alle sind wunderschön!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love ALL your work, but that Diva Dance/Paradox zendala is amazing! Love what you are doing with your calendar, too. I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ich finde alle wunderbar, jede Kreation auf ihre ganz eigene Art. Gute Besserung!
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look to the blog, and I love, love, your Zendala tile with the weaving. Beautiful!
    So fun to see your calendar work and the well tile is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work. You did well intertwining these two tangles. I thought about trying to do them in a circular way but never got past that stage. You handled that well.

    ReplyDelete

Vielen Dank für euer Feedback! Many Thanks for your feedback!